If you plan to take up classical guitar lessons, you've come to the right place. Classical guitar can be considered the basis where you will start to build a strong foundation in guitar playing, including music theory and musicianship. Not only will you get to learn the proper techniques, you may also progress to other genres like jazz, blues, latin, pop and soft rock.
The classical guitar is a lyrical and versatile instrument. You can play solo, or accompanying someone. You can write parts for different voices, and play them all at once. It is portable, so you can bring it along everywhere you go. It is an intimate instrument, because you make direct contact with the strings to produce the sound. Your finger nails are at work, instead of using a pick. Few instruments give you that kind of intimacy as the guitar. And it is a great tool for composition!
Our guitar curriculum follows the orthodox pedagogy as practiced by the Spanish guitar maestros.
Who will benefit
Those who want to acquire a strong foundation in classical guitar repertoire.
Budding guitarists aspire to advance their skills.
- 1 on 1 home coaching by experienced and qualified teachers.
- Prepares you for ABRSM or Trinity Guildhall exams.
- Integrated with ear training and music theory.
- Orthodox method as expounded by the guitar masters.
- Classical guitar as a foundation to all styles of playing.
- Opportunities to perform at concerts.
What you would learn
- Scales and arpeggios
- Chord symbols
- Songs accompaniment
- Higher position
- Chord patterns: Major, minor, dominant, etc.
- Advanced techniques: pizzicato, tremolo, etc.
- Intermediate repertoire
- Arrangement and transcription
- Advanced repertoire
- Once a week lesson, monthly 4 lessons