Ever wondered about the skills and technique behind the melodious sound of the violin?Here at About Music we offer violin classes that aim to develop your love and potential for this beautiful instrument through personal coaching and performance opportunities.The violin is usually a solo instrument, with a wide range of songs and repertoires, and we can guarantee there won’t be a dull moment!
Who will benefit
- Young children who are drawn to the sound of the violin, or adults wishing to pick up a new skill, all will benefit from our tailored learning to suit the individual.
- Dedicated and qualified teachers
- 1-on-1 or pair coaching to ensure focus
- Range of practices to build up technique
- Prepares for ABRSM/Trinity practical examinations
- Integrated with ear training and music theory
- Performance opportunities to instil confidence
- Acoustic studio looks out to lush greenery
What you would learn
Beginner (Grade 1 – 3)
- Correct posture and bowing techniques
- Notation and simple pieces
- Scales and arpeggios
Intermediate (Grade 4 – 6)
- Higher position
- Different playing techniques e.g. staccato, pizzicato, double stops, etc.
- Intermediate repertoire
- Once a week lesson, monthly 4 lessons